For Nigerian students, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination is the first major hurdle in the pursuit of higher education. However, the cost of tuition and other associated expenses can be daunting for many families. Fortunately, there are numerous scholarships available to help JAMBites (students who have taken the JAMB exam) finance their education.
Some of the scholarships available to JAMBites include:
1. MTN Foundation Scholarships: This scholarship is available to Nigerian students in accredited tertiary institutions across the country. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 and demonstrate financial need.
2. NNPC/Total Scholarship: This scholarship is open to Nigerian students in their first or second year of study in accredited Nigerian universities. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and demonstrate financial need.
3. Agbami Scholarship: This scholarship is available to Nigerian undergraduate students in accredited Nigerian universities studying medicine, nursing, and other health-related courses. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 and demonstrate financial need.
4. Shell Scholarship: This scholarship is open to Nigerian undergraduate students in accredited Nigerian universities studying engineering, geosciences, and other science-related courses. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and demonstrate financial need.
5. PTDF Scholarship: This scholarship is available to Nigerian students pursuing postgraduate studies in the oil and gas industry both locally and abroad. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 and demonstrate financial need.
Info [...]ntial across all degree-bearing subjects at graduate level at the University of Oxford. This education award is aimed at the coming studies: All degree-bearing courses at graduate level in any subject are eligible. This encompasses all full-time and part-time master’s and all DPhil courses. A list of all the graduate courses offered by the University of Oxford can be found on the Courses page. Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma courses are not eligible for this scholarship. Target students: All applicants from any country Number of economical awards: Approximately 140 scholarships are o...
Info The DRD offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year for applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record to pursue development-related Masters and PhD studies.Target students:The scholarships are intended for nationals of Sub-saharan African countries.If you want to apply for this scholarship, you should take into account:The information on “How to apply” for the Master in Development Studies, the Master in Public Administration and the respective PhD options can be found in the respective “How to appl...
Info The Flemish Ministry of Education awards scholarships to outstanding students for Master programmes in Flanders and Brussels. The programme aims to promote Flanders and Brussels as a top study destination. This economical assistance is aimed at the coming studies: Eligible Masters Degree Programmes offered at participating Flemish Institutions except preparatory programmes; bridging programmes; or distance learning. These students can obtain this education award: International students from all countries. There are a number of scholarships reserved for ...
6. NLNG Scholarship: This scholarship is open to Nigerian undergraduate and postgraduate students in accredited Nigerian universities studying engineering, geosciences, environmental sciences, and other science-related courses. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 and demonstrate financial need.
7. Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship: This scholarship is available to Nigerian undergraduate and postgraduate students in any field of study. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 and demonstrate financial need.
Info University Twente scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for excellent students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente. Two scholarships can be awarded to UTS recipients: Kipaji Scholarship and Professor de Winter Scholarship. Target students: International students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries. In order to apply for this scholarship, you already need to be (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying Master programmes. Applications are done online.
Info [...]uven and 50% at the home institution of the scholar, supported by a local co-promoter. The PhD degree is awarded by KU Leuven. This grant is appropriate for the next studies: These students can obtain this education award: Citizen of one of the countries included in the VLIR-UOS scholarship country list. Number of education aids: If you wish to obtain this education award, you should consider that The candidate must follow the application procedure and complete his/her file before 15 January 2020.
There are many other scholarships available to JAMBites, and interested students should conduct research to find the ones that are most suitable for them. Applying for scholarships can be a competitive process, so it is important to start early and put together a strong application that showcases academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and community involvement.
By taking advantage of scholarship opportunities, JAMBites can reduce the financial burden of pursuing higher education and focus on achieving their academic and career goals.
Info The School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds in UK, is offering a number of sustainability scholarships worth up to £8,000-£19,000, to international and UK/EU students of outstanding ability, achievement, and potential to undertake a full-time Sustainability Masters degree programme.Target students:International and UK/EU Students
Info Students from the following list of countries are invited to apply for these scholarships. However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries will be considered by the panel. Students must be on a full-time Master’s programme (not MBA) and be self-funded. Students must be studying based at the University of Bradford i.e. distance learning students are not eligible to apply.